1. Read the information in the chart and complete the verbs in the sentences (do not use abbreviations in the future form):
|- We use the first conditional to express possibility in the present or in the future.
- The subordinate clause (If-clause) has a verb in the present simple. Themain clause is always in the future.
|- "If I don't study, I won't pass my exams"
- "I will buy that CD if I have enough money."
a) If you (help) me with my homework, I (finish) it in time to go to the cinema.
b) If it (not/rain), the students (practice) sport in the playground.
c) Jane (come) home early if she (not/be) very busy at work.
d) Our teacher (be) pleased if we (do) our homework.
e) If Robert (play) football with us, we (win) the match.
2. Look at the pictures and choose the correct option. What can we do to save our planet?
a) If we (recycle) more, we (help) our planet.
b) If people (share) their cars to go to work, there (not/be) so many car fumes.
c) We (save) thousands of trees if we (waste) so much paper.
d) If the govenment (fine) those who pollute the atmosphere, some factories (stop) throwing waste into rivers.
e) If we only (use) the water we need, we (contribute) to our planet's recovery.
3. Choose the most appropriate ending for the following sentences:
a) If we keep polluting our planet,
b) If we use recycled paper and glass,
c) Children will be aware of the importance of recycling
d) If you have a shower instead of a bath,
e) If the environmental issues are taught at school,