Complete the following sentences using adverbs.
1. They laughed (happy)
2. The dog ran (quick)
3. Ruth solved the problem (easy)
4. Bob spoke about his new job (dramatic)
5. She is always dressed. (beautiful)
6. You are writing too (slow)
7. She spoke about him. (nice)
8. I think you are working (hard)
9. He drives very (careful)
10. His temperature went up (fast)
Choose the correct word
1. She could hard hardly walk after the accident.
2. My book is near nearly finished.
3. She is too short shortly. She cannot be a model.
4. I would like two tickets for the late lately ahow.
5. I will let you know my decision short shortly.
6. This problem is too hard hardly for me.
7. I live near nearly the supermarket.
8. He has been very sick late lately.
9. There is near nearly no money left.
10. We will go on vacation short shortly.
11. This is hard hardly the way to speak to your teacher.
12. He is often late lately to work.
13. The operation is near nearly over.
14. Your composition is too short shortly. It looks like a telegram.
15. He has been working too hard hardly , late lately.
Fill in with the correct form: adjective or adverb.
1. The movie had a ending. (comic)
2. She will get home . (short) I hope she will drive . (careful)
3. She described the accident . (dramatic)
4. We studied for the test. (hard)
5. Do you think you could drive more ? (slow)
6. I thought Gil did in his test. (good). He studied really . (hard)
7. The quiz is . (easy)
8. The plane flew to London. (direct)
9. David ran in the competition. (fast)
10. I ate the sandwich . (hungry